By Shahzadi Tooba Hussain Syed
In wake of new phase of uprising in the Indian occupied Kashmir, Since July 8, 2016 against the martyrdom of the young Kashmiri leader Burhan Wani by the Indian security forces in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK), pressure on the Indian government led by BJP Narendra Modi has been mounting both domestically and internationally. In continued sieges and prolonged curfew, Indian forces have martyred more than 100 innocent Kashmiri who have been protesting against the martyrdom of Burhan Wani.
In its response, on Sunday September 18, four militants who were carrying guns and grenades stormed a base in Uri, close to the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and killed at least 17 soldiers in the Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK). BBC reported that the four attackers were killed by the Indian army (who was sleeping at the time when militants entered in the base).
A statement of former chief of India’s spy agency RAW, A. S. Dulat, published in the magazine, ‘The Wire’ on August 27, 2016 concludes it all as “the Kashmiri uprising is 100% indigenous”. But as usual like the previous terror attacks, without any investigation, Indian high officials have started accusing Pakistan for the Uri base terror attack. In this regard, a senior Home Ministry official and a spokesman of the Indian army allegedly said, “It is clearly a case of cross-border terror attack…the militants infiltrated across the Line of Control from Pakistan before attacking the base in Uri.”
The blame game is not new as Indian top officials and media had been accusing Pakistan-based banned Lashkar-e-Tayba and country’s intelligence agency ISI (Inter-Services Intelligence) of these terrorism-related incidents, including Mumbai terror attacks of November 2016, the Indian parliament assault of December 13, 2001 and militants’ attack at Indian Air Force Base in Pathankot, which occurred on January 2, 2016.
As a matter of fact, Ajit Doval, the ex-spymaster who is now National Security Advisor of Indian Prime Minister Modi is the real author and controller of India’s offensive-defensive doctrine. Under this he prepares the scripts of these “dramas”. Besides planning various terror attacks in Pakistan as part of Indian offensive-defensive doctrine, Ajit Doval also advised to arrange various subversive acts inside India and to shift the blame game to Pakistan like orchestrated drama of Gurdaspur episode, boat incident etc. to defame Pakistan and its security agencies. In this context, on January 2, 2016, the terror attack at Indian Air Force Base in Pathankot was preplanned under his directions.
Pakistan needs not to even respond against these accusations because it has to exposed by their own officials as happened earlier. On July 19, 2013, the Indian former home ministry’s official and ex investigating officer Satish Verma disclosed that terror attacks in Mumbai in November 26, 2008 and assault on Indian Parliament in January 12, 2001 were carried out by the Indian government to strengthen anti-terrorism laws.
As regards the terror attack at the Indian Air Force Base in Pathankot, Indian media and top civil and military officials started claiming that the attackers had arrived from Pakistani Punjab’s Bahawalpur district, and had links with Jaish-e-Mohammad and Pakistan’s primary intelligence agency, ISI. But, despite Islamabad’s cooperation with India like formation of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) consisting of professionals to investigate the Pathankot attack, crackdown against the militant group Jaish-i-Mohammad—lodging of a First Information Report (FIR) in relation to the incident, New Delhi failed in providing any proof of Pakistan’s involvement in the Pathankot episode.
Pakistan rejected allegations that it was involved in the assault at the Uri base. In this respect, foreign ministry spokesman Nafees Zakaria told Reuters on the same day, “India immediately puts blame on Pakistan without doing any investigation. We reject this.” Pakistan denies any role in cross-border terrorism, and has called on the United Nations and the international community to investigate atrocities it alleges have been committed by the security forces in Indian-occupied Kashmir.
More than this some of the other facts are as:
- Uri is part of Jammu which has a Hindu majority population and isn’t experiencing a Kashmiri freedom struggle, how then an attacker finds it easier to target a military installation in a High Security Zone comparatively safe and secure zone?
- Indian has erected a type A fence all along LOC besides installing state of the art laser sensors to detect any cross LOC movement. This arrangement is over and above the routine patrolling of Indian army along with its specially trained dogs. How then a handful of terrorists could sneak across, dodging third largest army of the planet earth with its hi-tech gadgets & their ferocious K9 force?
- The place where this incident happened is well guarded position and isn’t HQ 12 Indian Brigade as reported by media rather it is rear HQ of 10 Dogra battalion which has majority of Sikh soldiers and also has a petroleum depot as well. There is all the possibility that an accidental or designed out-break of fire is being reported as a terrorist attack to save the unit, brigade and Division commanders and also to save the dented vaccinated pride of Indian Army.
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has pledged to emphatically highlight violence against the innocent Kashmiris in the IOK in a speech during this week’s annual session of General Assembly. The incident is nothing more than staging another drama in Kashmir to trumpet Indian mantra of terrorism and dash Pakistan’s diplomatic moves to expose Indian atrocities in UNGA.
- After all there can always be an opportunity from an accident especially when India and its hapless leadership US under so much pressure that their PM refuses to go and speak at the UNGA session and more importantly answer about dwindling security situation in Kashmir.
- Ahead of Uttar Pradesh polls in order to divert the attention of its failures, Kumari Mayawati, Chief Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) said, Narendra Modi may trigger war with Pakistan. She said it will go to any extent in UP polls and there was fear of Hindu-Muslim riots.
It is due to these reasons that Indian security agencies under Ajit Doval’s doctrine arranged terror assault at the Uri base not only to defame Pakistan but to divert the attention of international community from the war of liberation in the Indian controlled Kashmir, as it has, now, been accelerated.